SiAM-dp Audio Manager is a separate component that provides out-of-the-box audio services (speech recognition, speech synthesis…) in multiple languages to SiAM-dp applications under Windows. It is designed as an accompanying application for SiAM-dp, but can also be used stand-alone or with other applications. An extensive documentation is included.
Instead of using system devices (physical devices connected to the local machine), Audio Manager can also connect to any other audio source/target through plug-ins. A very common use case is to connect to stream audio data to a remote machine for playback, or retrieve streaming data from a remote server for recording. Other streaming scenarios are supported too.
For the remote end, several streaming thin client / server implementations that are compatible with Audio Manager are available:
- Java Streaming Client
- Download playback client (to be used with StreamingPlaybackDevice and server type http)
- Download control client (e.g. for initiating TTS remotely)
- Download playback client (old client; to be used with StreamingPlaybackDevice and server type http)
- Download recording client (to be used with StreamingRecordingDevice and source type http-server, which is a accepting PUT requests)
- Android Interface (contains code to provide recording and playback, like above, for integration in Android apps)
Java API – libAM
You can use the SiAM-dp Audio Manager Library for Java in order to have an easy-to-use API for integrating ASR/TTS services directly into Java applications. This API is used in addition to the main Audio Manager download from above. For questions contact Christian Bürckert.
- Download Current Version (1.1.2)
- Gitlab Forschungssoftware (DFKI internal)
- Maven Repository: http://www.forschungssoftware.de/nexus/content/groups/public/
- Artifact 1.1.2: de.dfki.iui:libAM-1.1.2 (for AudioManager 1.1.2)